Thursday, October 29, 2009

My First Snow Storm: I'm In Denver, Colorado!

My client office closed early yesterday at 3PM and we had a hotline to call this morning to find out whether the office would be open today due to a snow storm.  We've gotten about 10" of snow so far and it's supposed to continue the rest of the day.  Luckily, it hasn't been too cold!  The talk of the office today amongst the consultants is whether our flight has been cancelled and if so, whether we are "stuck" here or can catch another flight out.  So far, I think I am okay because my flight is originating from Denver, so the aircraft should already be here.  I can just count on waiting forever for my plane to get de-iced.  Cross your fingers and toes for me that I will be able to go home tonight!  Yesterday, we had to scrape the snow off my car so that I could get back to my hotel!



I've been sitting in the cubicle of a lady who is currently on medical leave.  Her cubicle is decorated with a lot of inspirational and religious quotes.  Maybe this is a sign, that I need to be more optimistic and faithful, but then another coworker gave me a :-( Despair, Inc. catalog and heck, I found myself laughing my arse off.  Call me pessimistic, bitter, jaded, or whatever, but I did have my favorites!


It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.


 Less is more.  Unless you're standing next to the one with more.  Then you just look pathetic.


Time heals all wounds.  But it usually leaves a pretty big scar.


Just because you think you're a star doesn't mean you're going anywhere.


Always remember that you are unique.  Just like everybody else.

1 comment:

Tap Dummy said...

That was hilarious! My favorite is the starfish. I want to send that to all the brand new BTA's I recruit.