Thursday, October 8, 2009

Book Review - Something Borrowed, Something Blue!

I absolutely LOVED Something Borrowed and Something Blue written by Emily Giffin!  This is a 9/10!  I've reserved 10 for non-chick-lit books that move me.  I first picked out these books because of their pretty pastel-ly colors.  Never would I guessed they would quickly become my favorites!  I read Something Borrowed a while back, but I only got 3 hours of sleep last night because I didn't want to put Something Blue down!  You really grow to love the characters despite their shortcomings.  It's about two best friends, Rachel - plain Jane, and Darcy - NY's PR socialite.  Something Borrowed is from Rachel's perspective and her search for love and falling in love with her best friend's fiance.  Something Blue is from Darcy's perspective after "something" happens in Something Borrowed (I don't want to spoil it).  I literally laughed out loud so many times and then there were moments I'd be tearing.  The characters are so easy to relate to and the struggles and journey they go through will make you reflect on your own life.  Emily Giffin also wrote Love the One You're With and Baby Proof (pastel green and pastel yellow, respectively!) both of which are also wonderful and quick reads!! 

Next book: Time Traveller's Wife

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey I read those books a while ago, and loved it too! Big fan of the chick lit books. Favorite is Shopaholic Series!