Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Book Review and a Wedding!

Everyone Worth Knowing - By Lauren Weisberger
I just finished reading another chick-lit book written by the same author as Devil Wears Prada.  I have to say that this story was very similar to DWP in that it's about a young girl who's stuck in a dead-end job, quits and gets into event planning at a major firm hitting all the hottest parties while neglecting her family and friends, and then realizing that the job isn't for her because it's not worth giving up her life for (woops, I just gave you the ending).  She did have a love interest and the ending left me assuming...ASSUMING...I wanted that for sure happy ending and I didn't get it.  This isn't high on my recommendation list, but if you're bored and l-o-v-e-d DWP, pick it up!

Rating: 6/10

Congratulations, Maddie and Derrick!
This past weekend, I attended Maddie’s and Derrick’s wedding at Occidental College in Eagle Rock. The campus church where the ceremony took place was beautiful and the reception banquet room was bright and sunny. I first met Maddie during my journey to kick-off my career. She at the time had already begun work at a top company and I wanted to follow in her footsteps. I prepared my list of interview questions and potential answers and reviewed them with her over the phone. I was immediately impressed by her gregariousness, professionalism and eloquence and so began our friendship. Through the years, I have been fortunate enough to continually cross paths with Maddie whether it be over lunches because of the close proximity of our work locations, or at mutual friends’ outings. I am so happy that she has found her other half and wish them all the best!


Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Woo!


Maddie in her beautiful kay po

No comments: