Monday, November 26, 2012

London

The last time I was in London was in 2001 with one of my girlfriends whom I met at Deloitte who later has become one of my closest friends.  We toured with Contiki and were ecstatic to travel on an international trip independently for the first time.  Eleven years later I am back, this time for work, but that doesn't mean I wasn't able to squeeze in some leisurely time over the weekend!

@ Westminster Abbey back in 2001

Back at Westminster Abbey again!  So much has happened since 2001, namely, the wedding of the century!  All I could talk about was how Kate wed Prince William at this very spot!

Purchasing a tube daypass.  Exhausted the 7GBP the pass cost in one day!

Big Ben

Ready for the changing of the guards @ the Buckingham Palace where Will and Kate shared their first kiss on the balcony (yes, I am serious!)!

Brunch @ 202 in Notting Hill.  They allow dogs IN the restaurant and we sat next to a cutie pie who reminded me of Echo.  Sigh, I miss that little rascal.

Getting festive at the Winter Wonderland @ Hyde Park.  Similar to a county fair in Los Angeles, but the rides are 10x better and legit (can we say freefall and coasters?).  Tons of vendors for eating and shopping!

It's only been 2 days and I already cannot wait to get back to my little guy.  I hope he is having a good time at boarding/daycare and does not feel abandoned.  Luckily, they have webcam access there where I can see him during daycare hours.


Next stop...Paris!

2 comments:

Gary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gary said...

Ooh that last photo looks goooood.