Monday, June 20, 2016

Vous Conference

I randomly decided to attend Vous Conference, a conference held by a church led by Rich and DawnChere Wilkerson in Miami, FL this month.  It was the quickest long distance turnaround trip I have ever done, and in many ways it was worth it.  We heard from 4 amazing speakers, and I mean AMAZING where even I wanted to stand up and yell "Amen!" or "Preach it!" all whilst pumping my fist, but of course shy me kept my bum glued onto my seat.  The Vous Church blog gives a great summary of the weekend, but here is my quick snippet and what I got most out of Vous Conference.  All my photos were pulled directly from their blog.


Friday night started out with worship and then we heard from Pastor Rich Wilkerson who preached on the topic of Even If...

 Pastor Dawnchere and Rich Wilkerson
  • Sit with someone.  Stand for something because if you don't stand for something, you will fall for everything.  Walk through everything.
  • When life heats up, that is when God shows up
  • You can't change what you can't tolerate
  • Worship from a blessing, not for a blessing
  • Favor is not found in where you are, it's found in who you are
  • If you are too big to serve, then you are probably too small to lead

On Saturday, we heard from his wife Dawnchere who preached on the topic of "Let It Shine".  Let me tell you, this young lady can preach!
  • Most people pray for patience, self control, understanding, etc...but what they don't realize is that these are all fruits of labor from a relationship with Jesus and are not "sold separately".  So we have to ask ourselves, do we want a relationship with Jesus and what do we do to build that relationships?

We also heard from Robert Madu who preached on the topic of "From Water To Wilderness".

  • Water was likened to getting Baptized, or the beginning of your walk with Jesus.  Wilderness referred to your life journey after making that commitment, meaning that just because you devote yourselves to God doesn't meant that everything is smooth sailing from there on out
  • After you experience in the water, how are you going to win the war in the wilderness?
    • You have to know where you are (what season of life are you in?)
    • The word is your weapon
    • You have to know what's at stake
    • Know where your help comes from

Next up was my favorite pastor of all time, Erwin McManus.  He leads Mosaic, a church now based in Hollywood.  He was the first Pastor I ever heard speak and I followed him for several years.  It was such a treat to know that he was making a special appearance at Vous Conference.  It really moved me to see him thanking Pastors Rich and Dawnchere for inviting him there, but more importantly, he professed that until his last breath, he would be forever grateful for their role in his son's life, who had fallen away from God/Church until they spoke prophetically into his life, changing the course of his life completely. 

  • What do you want from God and what do you have?  Ask God for what you want and let Him let you know when you've asked for too much.  Don't limit God!

Finally, we heard from Christine Caine, whom I haven't heard of but the audience seemed to really look forward to her sermon.  If I were to pick one moment that resonated with me the most, it would be a moment that came from her message which I've written in blue in my summary below.

  • You're going to live out a story for a while before it becomes a testimony.  The devil isn't afraid of a story, he is afraid of a testimony
  • Being more than a conqueror means you come out of the battle, then you go back in to bring other people out
  • Favor is for service, not for purpose
  • God will always interrupt your own plans with His purpose
  • What you have to fight is the "what if".  Replace what you don't know about the future with what you do know about God
  • Impossible is where God starts

A photo posted by @trulyblessedssl on

No comments: