Monday, April 18, 2016

Hollywood Half Marathon

My friend and I had been training for the Hollywood Half Marathon for the past 6 weeks.  Every weekend, we dreaded the long runs....7 miles, 8 miles, all the way up to 12 miles the weekend before.  On the day of the event, adrenaline was pumping and we were ready.  My goal was to finish under 10/mi.  Not only did I reach my goal, but I crushed it!  I felt amazing the entire race and finished in 2:01 hrs @ 9:17/mi!

 Yes, it is still dark!  We got up at 3:30AM to take the train into Hollywood for a 6AM start time!

 Here we are halfway through the race, still feeling awesome!


A video posted by @trulyblessedssl on
Here we are coming in at the finish line!  The best part of this video is overhearing a man say "That's what I'm talking about!  That's victory right there!"


We finished right before the rain started!  What a wonderful experience and a wonderful race!  And yes, we did decide to twin it!

No comments: