Thursday, April 2, 2015

Green Onions

I recently learned that green onions will regrow from their stems after you've cut off the green, so I gave it a try.  I have the worlds biggest non-green thumb, so imagine my delight when I saw how quickly my little onions were growing after just a couple days!  All it took was some fresh water and a little bit of sunlight!

Here are my onions after just two days!  I had chopped the green part off down to the white bulb and secured the stems with a rubber band so that they would stand up straight.  Oh, and excuse the ghetto boba straw, haha!
 
Here they are about a week later!  I added some new ones the night before, which explains the shorties.  They were tall enough that they didn't need their additional boba straw support anymore!

Here they are about a week and a half later...the day before I consumed them!

 All chopped up and ready to bake in the oven with my cod filets!  Do try this at home.  You can regrow them again and again!

1 comment:

Diana Elizabeth said...

I love this- my dad taught me this too, but it's a bit warm here so sometimes they wilt inside our house. I'm thinking maybe instead of me pulling them I should cut them in my garden!