Monday, April 6, 2015

Cauliflower Crust Pizza


In support of my lifestyle decision to eat healthier, I tried out a new recipe this weekend - Cauliflower Crust Pizza!  Yes, you heard right - a no flour crust!  I followed this recipe and it was delicious!!  


To make the crust, you blend the cauliflower into rice size pieces, then you wring them dry.  That was the hardest part for me because cauliflower has so much water in it, but at least I got a good arm workout!  Once dry, you mix in egg and cheese to hold it all together, then pop it in the oven!



 I made two 8" personalized portions and each was only about 628 calories which sure beats the calories on a "real" pizza AND it had more protein than fat grams!  We used turkey sausage, bell peppers, and mushrooms as toppings.  My only complaint would be that the crust was a little soft (not sure if it was because I didn't get all the water out), so I couldn't pick up each slice, but had to eat it with a knife and fork.  More lady like, anyway, LOL.  I will definitely be making this again in the future!!

Here are the nutritional facts for the ingredients that I used:

No comments: