Sunday, February 9, 2014

Event Planning: Baby Shower

This past weekend, I hosted my very first baby shower.  The theme was "Mustache and Bowties" and with a black, white and a splash of dark red color scheme.  This gal is all about chic and after 3+ months of brainstorming and planning, I hope I hit the nail on the head!  Here are some photos taken by professional photographer Jeremy Chou.  

With the beautiful Momma-to-be

I handmade the pom poms and taped them to the ceiling.  Lesson learned, these are quick to prepare but take a long time to fluff, especially if you're a perfectionist like myself.  Also, smaller ones look better than bigger ones.  The main entrees didn't arrive until after the shower had started (grrr!) which is why there are a couple of empty serving trays.

A fun game for the guests "Do not say Baby" (left) and my diaper cake on display (right)

 Some thoughts for the baby when he is older

Delicious red velvet cake with a DIY mustache and bowtie banner topper (left) and delicious sweets for dessert (right)

 We hung a line with five onesies along the hallway (too bad I don't have a photo of the entire thing)

Here are some photos that I personally took that weren't captured in the photographer's blog.

I found the perfect bag to collect the books the guests brought to start baby's library.  The inner lining has mustaches!

Wide shot of the room.  Banner made by yours truly announcing the baby's name placed above the games table

An early shot of the gifts table which quickly became full once guests started to arrive

 I am not a florist nor do I aspire to be one, but this was my best shot at creating an arrangement.  I reused the mason jars from my wedding, removed the burlap and lace to replace with a black and white ribbon

All in all, I had a great time hosting and planning the event.  Like my wedding, I didn't feel stressed at all until the nth hour.  Luckily, I had a few hands on deck, one of them my hubby who helped me pull everything together.  I now know how the folks on HGTV feel when they're working against a tight timeline and things come together just in time!

No comments: