Monday, February 27, 2012

Sesame Bean Sprouts

One of my favorite types of food is Korean food, especially the bean sprouts side dish.  Not all Korean restaurants serve that, and even when they do, they don't use the right type of sprouts (and by "right" I mean the type that I like).  I like the Bean Sprouts (the ones associated with Mung beans).  Since I always feel so greedy asking for refills at the restaurants, I decided to try and make it on my own so that I could eat as much as I want - guilt free!  My first batch turned out so yummy and exact that I decided to make some for my family as well.  Needless to say, it was a hit!

Ingredients: bean sprouts, sesame oil, sesame seeds, salt, pepper, minced garlic, green onion

Mix everything together once you've cooked and cooled the bean sprouts.  They're really easy to overcook, so I'd recommend taking them out exactly 4 minutes after you've put them into boiling water.  I tend to cook by taste so I don't have exact measurements, but it's easy to figure out.  Just continue to add the seasonings until you like the way it tastes!  Enjoy!

No comments: