Sunday, March 13, 2011

Book Review: The Help

I have been a major bookworm lately, but the only book important enough to me to share is The Help by Kathryn Sockett. This book tells a beautiful story about black women working for white families during the civil rights movement and their fight and sacrifices to stand up for what's right. I highly recommend this book...I can't even rave about it enough! From page 1 all the way through to the last page, I was engrossed in the story and I had to stop myself from reading it too quickly so that I could "save" some for later! In addition, there is just enough mystery about each character in the book to keep you sitting at the edge of your seat through to the finish. You really grow to love the characters in the book, so much that I found myself laughing, rated G cursing, and tearing at the end...

"You is kind. You is smart. You is important."

Ah, so amazing!



No comments: