Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sometimes, Sh*t Just Happens


It may be because of a poor choice you make, or because luck just isn't on your side at that particular moment in time.  On days like these, I am not a big fan of my job.  Take exhibit A:

Monday
5:15AM - Groggily wake up and make my way to the airport
7:00AM - Ready for departure
8:15AM - Still on the plane at the gate and am informed that there is a mechanical issue that will take at least an hour to fix - everyone must get off the plane
9:30AM - Flight has been cancelled, but the airline is flying in a plane from Phoenix scheduled to depart from LA at 2PM

(Grr, I am frustrated that I even have to fly this week when my client is working remotely from home.  I decide to leave the airport and come back for the 2PM.)

1:00PM - Arrive at the airport and go through security (again)
1:15PM - Flight is delayed until 3:18PM

Seriously?

(I decide that I have had enough of flight delays for the day and decided to just fly out tomorrow morning.)

Tuesday
5:45AM - Wake up and decide that I'm not going to rush for the 7AM flight, so I reschedule for the 11AM
10:00AM Get out of bed and head to the airport
10:30AM - Rejected by check-in because I have missed the cut-off time for the 11AM and because of all the running around yesterday, I left my driver's license at home

So, the next available flight is in the evening thus I am now working from home until it's time to head to the airport...yet again.

Bah humbug!

1 comment:

Gary said...

OOOH. Haha. I saw you at home on Google Latitude and I was thinking "What? Home again? You never need to go to work!"