Monday, June 29, 2009

Channeling The Inner Artist In Me

Artwork is so expensive, so I decided to DIY and purchased a blank canvas a few months ago to paint something to put up on my blank bedroom wall. Finally, I got around to pulling out my paintbrushes and paints. My walls are green and my furniture is dark brown, so I tried to keep the colors consistent. I can't believe I started the painting at 11PM, and finally peeled myself away from the finished piece at 4:30AM. I sat through 3 movies: The Heartbreak Kid, Juno, and Bring It On 2 (yes, I did just admit that I watched it). Ta-da!

Still drying off on the easel

Voila!

Close up of my painting on the wall

Side view of my painting

2 comments:

Candace said...

That looks REALLY good. I would totally buy that at full price!;) Good job, girl!

Paul said...

Woah! Another modern master piece is born!