Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Rome, Italy

We just got back from a 10 day trip to Rome, Florence and Venice.  All in all, it was a great trip with a lot of sightseeing, pasta eating and traveling.  I feel extra blessed to have been able to travel with my sister and brother-in-law as I know that as we continue to get older, group trips like these will be more and more difficult.  This was my second time in Rome, and I have to admit that none of it looked familiar because it's been over a decade since I last went.  We tried our hand at an AirBnB rental and absolutely loved it!  It was great to have our own bedrooms and kitchen where we could enjoy a delicious cup of coffee in the morning over a home cooked breakfast! 

 Our first meal in Rome at Osteria dei Pontefici
 
Selfie stick photo at the Colosseum

Fun photo spot at the Pantheon


Birthday presents for me from loved ones

At Roma Termini getting ready to hop on a train
Top recommendations & tips: Dinner at Osteria der Belli in the Trastevere area, Buying tickets in advance to the Vatican, Entering the Colosseum via the Pantheon entrance to avoid the long lines, Take the bus everywhere - it's super easy and affordable

Next stop - Florence!

No comments: