Thursday, May 22, 2014

Birthday


Here I am another year older, but none the wiser.  I am grateful.  I am grateful for the friends who took time out of their busy schedules to wish me a happy birthday.  Grateful for the sweet birthday cards I received and the thoughtful gifts.  Grateful for an adorable video I received from my friend's son singing me happy birthday which I will forever cherish.  Grateful for the free Starbucks coffee I got.  Grateful to share a delicious birthday dinner and my favorite strawberry cake with my family (same cake as my first birthday above - some things never change!).  Grateful for friends who know that the way to my heart is through a birthday card with an Echo look-a-like on it or a handmade drawing from their adorable kid. Grateful for an attempt to celebrate my birthday from someone who doesn't believe in birthdays.

Birthdays are special.  Don't ever let anyone make you feel small and insignificant especially on your birthday by telling you that your birthday is just another day, because it's not.  Your birthday signifies the day that you were born and those who love you will want to celebrate you because they are so grateful that you are in their lives.  Without a birth date, there would be no you.  So don't let anyone downplay such an amazing day.  Remember that you are valued, worthy, and special.  Celebrate your birthday.  Celebrate you.

1 comment:

Diana Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it was lovely!