Friday, July 22, 2011

Bitter Sweet Endings

Today marks the last day with a firm I have known my entire career.  A firm that I have dedicated myself to for over a decade.  I am sitting here staring at my good-bye email I crafted a week ago, yet am unable to put the final nail in the coffin and hit send.  I find myself reminiscing over the last ten years...
  • I have met amazing people who have become my closest friends
  • I have traveled to countless countries and cities that have opened my eyes to a world much greater than mine
  • I have been challenged in every way possible, pushing me to build patience, tolerance and see people through less judgmental, but more loving eyes
  • I have felt the adrenaline rush of nailing a presentation, the pride from doing a job well done, cried tears of frustration when all seemed dark, and laughed uncontrollably with colleagues who have journeyed with me along the way
  • I have eaten at the fanciest restaurants, stayed at the most luxurious hotels, sat in First class for business trips, and gotten the royal treatment wherever I've traveled
  • I have been yelled at, talked down to, judged, misunderstood, and stereotyped, but I have also been uplifted, loved, praised, recognized, and encouraged.  All of which have made me a stronger individual, both professionally and personally.
Ten and a half years ago, I started out as a naive Analyst, bright-eyed, a sponge ready to learn and conquer whatever came my way.  Now reflecting back as a Manager, I'd say I did just that...and more.  

At package training in Waltham, MA in 2001

I am ready as I'll ever be to begin a new path in my career.  It is now or never, so here goes nothing...

Sent.

1 comment:

Dot said...

Imagine if on that fateful day I had not pulled out your battery charger..

Congrats your long run and even more congrats on this new adventure!