Friday, October 29, 2010

A Stroll Down Memory Lane

My Dad turns 60 this year, so I wanted to do something special for him.  Growing up in a traditional Asian household, we have always been unexpressive and taught that it is implied that we love and appreciate one another through hard work such as making a living, getting good grades, etc...  As I grew up, I've learned that sometimes it's nice to hear someone tell you that they care about you or appreciate you.  I know my Dad.  He loves his family so much and he "just knows" that we all appreciate him, but I have decided that "just knowing" isn't good enough anymore, at least not for me for him.

I'm putting together a scrapbook for him this year and the pages will be filled with memories from our childhood to present day.  The pages will be embedded with photos alongside different topics, such as, "Favorite Childhood Memory" or "What I Admire Most" or "My Birthday Wish To You" where my brothers and sister and I will be filling in the blanks with stories of our own about our Dad.  We've been digging through old photo albums and pulling some of our favorite photos.  Here are some to share!






1 comment:

Candace said...

What a wonderful gift for your dad! You guys were a bunch of cutie pies- love the old pictures! :)