Monday, September 21, 2009

61st Emmy Awards - I Was There!

This weekend, I attended the 61st Emmy Awards at the Nokia center! My sister, who works for PWC invited me as her guest to be a seat filler! I have never seen so many celebrities in my entire life! As a seat filler, you are pretty much guaranteed seating in Rows A-L and are amongst the talent. How it works is that anytime there is an empty seat in the front, you sit there until the celebrity returns (sometimes they don't return). I sat as close as 3rd row right behind Drew Barrymore and Justin Long as I was keeping Kyra Sedgwick's seat warm while she and Kevin Bacon were backstage getting ready for their presentation. I actually got on camera a couple times, but the most noticeable was during Jimmy Fallon's presentation for Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics! I'm actually sitting on the right of the screen, second seat from the aisle and as the winner walks towards the stage, I get my 3 seconds of fame. Unfortunately, due to the fact that I had been on my feet all day, had not been fed more than a sandwich at 11AM, and was wearing a dress that was pretty tight, I felt naseaous and had an unbearable headache causing me to leave the awards ceremony and give up my awesome seat so that I could rest outside. =( At least on the way out, I ran into Adrian Grenier - yeah! I'd have to say that the best part of my experience was seeing the entire cast of Entourage (more than once) and seeing Drew Barrymore up close and personal. On a more personal note, I was happy to spend an extended amount of time with my sister. It was such a great experience that I am going to try to attend the Oscar's next year (crossing fingers)!


The stage was so beautiful - here's my illegal shot of it!

1 comment:

Tap Dummy said...

SO JEALOUS. Nice dress. Lookin' good. Wow, you and your sister could almost pass as twins. I don't understand how you stand/walk/sit with those shoes. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling 100%. :( I guess it's prolly not the appropriate venue to ask for pics and autographs, right?