Tuesday, May 12, 2009

FRIENDS

One of the perks of consulting at Warner Bros. is that sometimes, you have celebrity sightings and others times, you get to be a part of the action. Remember that scene in The Last Samurai where Tom Cruise and Ken Watanabe ride their horses into the city for the first time? Yup, I was there when that was being filmed on the Warner Bros. lot. Lucky me. Since I've been back, I've also seen Ashton Kutcher and Ashlee Simpson in the elevators. Other star sightings include Matt Damon, Alexis Biedel, some guy from ER (the one with an accent), and Mimi from the Drew Carey show. I've even touched all 6 cars the Friends cast drove when they were still in production. I know, you're so jealous. Well today(!), my coworker took me to where they kept the set of Central Perk. Since she knew the person who held the key to the room, we waited until the tour group left (people were snapping pictures left and right), then shut the door and the place was all ours. It is a lot smaller than I imagined and the furniture is quite old. Here are some pictures taken from my (cheap) mobile phone!

Central Perk
This is where Phoebe would play "Smelly Cat", right by the front entrance.

Ross, Rachel, Joey, Phoebe, Chandler, and Monica have ALL sat on this couch, and now, so have I. Woohoo!

4 comments:

Gary said...

Haha, cool!

Yoshi-Blog-i-mura said...

You are so lucky!!! I can't believe you touched all of their cars. HAHA. I saw Owen Wilson on the lot once...that was pretty cool.

Tap Dummy said...

I don't know why, but that is pretty darn cool. The only celebrity sighting I've had in my 4 years in LA is Hulk Hogan at The Grove, and David Spade in McDonalds. Oh, and myself in the mirror.

mamatree said...

So cool!!!